




On July 18th we took the kids to Carroll College to see Symphony under the stars. Its a free outdoor concert where everyone puts a blanket out on the lawn and enjoys a picnic and some music. This year's host was Buzz Aldren (sp?) (One of the first astronauts on the moon). And the music was all space related. The final three songs were all from John Williams they were Superman, ET, and Starwars, and while the symphony played star wars a really cool Fireworks show went off. We got the boys matching Yoda shirts for the occasion (see the pictures above). All in all it was a fun night.
However, the highlight of the evening came when (please remember we sat at the top of a hill with lots of people below us) Noah dumped our cooler full of water and melting ice down the hill. We discovered he had done this when we noticed the people in front of us standing up with wet pants - they looked like they had peed their pants. It was so embarassing, though we laugh histerically now that we do not have to face all of them. All we could do was apologize over and over.
The other highlight of the event happened before the event even started. We had to walk over a mile from where we parked to get to our spot. Along the walk both of the back tires on the stroller fell off. Imagine that...both of them at different times. When the show was over we retired the stroller to the nearest dumpster.



12 comments:
Welcome fellow blogger!! I'm so excited you have a blog now. I love your background. Adorable pictures. How have you been?
our blog is aroundthebarnesyard.blogspot.com my email is kareybarnes@hotmail.com
Yay! This is sooo fun to see you guys! Love ya'll!
Holy Moly! Your kids are getting soooooo big! How fun! Love the blog, it's about time!
Yeah!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you are FINALLY blogging!!!! Love ya bunches!!!
Hey!! So glad to get your email. Sorry to hear about Emma. I didn't think they took tonsils out anymore? Poor girl. You guys look like you had a good time. I love fireworks anytime of the year. I go crazy if I can't see them on the 4th. Good to hear from you!!
Holy Frak (Just for you Glen) and how about Felkerkarb that is a good one to. I was worried about starting a blog but Jenn (Kelly's Jenn) really wants to do it so we need to jump on the bandwagon to because if everyone else does it it has to be the right thing to do. At least that is what 16 years of school has taught me. Love and miss you guys.
I am still laughing about my little Lola... that is soooooo funny! I am sooooo happy that you are finally blogging!!!! hip hip hooray!!!!!!
Oh my gosh I laughed so hard! This is exactly your life! So it took you two days? I started mine in uhhhh April, and guess how many people have seen it. Yup - just me, not even Mike. Love you guys!
Tammy
I'm totally laughting about Emma. When those people stood up and looked back I just would have looked surprised and said, "What'd you do?(!)"
I meant Noah.
Cute blog! I took Dallin to Symphony under the Stars a couple of summers ago. I spent the whole night chasing him in the dark and haven't been back since. Maybe I should try again.
Post a Comment