Nov 3, 2008

Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus...

This year's holiday performance at Smith Elementary School will be Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. Unknown to us, and without any pushing or bribery, Matthew auditioned and was cast in the role of Mr. Shulman. He will even be singing a solo. Just when you think you know your child they go and do something very out of the ordinary for them. He has rehersal's every Monday and Wednesday morning before school from now until December 19th.

Anyway...congratulations Matthew, we can't wait to watch the show. Emma will also be in the show singing with her class.






8 comments:

Coneen said...

Way to go Matthew. That is terrific. Tell the school to record it so we can get a video of it. We are very proud of you.
Love you Grandma Biggs

Jen said...

Wow! That's great.

Kristin and Seth said...

How cool! Matthew will do awesome I'm sure!

Biggs Family said...

That is fantastic! He will be great and do such a good job. We are so proud of you Matthew!

Joyous said...

YAY MATTHEW!!!!!!!! That is so awesome! I wish I could come and see you perform!!

Venzors said...

That is freakin awesome!! I love school plays. Your kids costumes are great. The vampire looks gorgeous.The soapbox thing is funny. I live with one of those too.

Scott said...

I garnered a roll in that play once too, the role of Virginia... I was a lot younger then.

Congrats Matthew!

candice said...

Oh how funny is that!! I love that he auditioned without you knowing! Good luck Mathew!